General Information About Myself



I am Gauri Maya Ghalan. I Live in Hetauda 15, Churiyamai, Makawanpur. I am 25 years old. I have finished my school level education (+2) in management from Makawanpur Multiple Campus.

                                                               .I am form Tamang community. Tamang community Losar is a important festival. Another festival also celebrated in my community like Deshin, Tihar, Holi, Teej etc. People spent more money for celebrating these festivals.


                                I am a social Mobilizer in Empowerment with Dignity and Sustainable (SEEDS) Programme, which is implemented by SAHAS Nepal. The funding partner of SEEDS programme is Stromme Foundation. I am working here since three years. I am working with basically women from Tamang community in Makawanpur.

                                I was engaged for running REFLECT center, organized Self-help Group (SHG). In REFLECT center there are 25-30 women sit together once a week and discussed the different local issue and problems. They find root cause of these problems. They also discussed about the salutation the problems. Basically the discussion focused on child marriage, gender equality, environment, quality education and poverty. Many of the women overcome the vicious cercal of these problems.

                                                        Some of women r enrolled their children in school. Some of them started different IGA activities. Some of them get marriage register certificate and citizenship card. SHG involve in different social activities. SHG involve in local planning process and they got certain fund for community development. They construct community building with small library.

                                                  SHG federate with in the Community Based Organization (CBO). There is a CBO made from three SHG. SHG run Community Managed Coaching Center. Children form local community who are 5-12 years and 1 to 5 classes were teach by local facilitator. CMCC space and Facilitator manage by community.

I am working with 14 SHG, one CBO and one CMCC. There are 333 members in groups. They save certain amount monthly and they provide loans for certain months where necessary. Nowadays they are engage income generation activities (IGA) like Tomato, group ginger farming, Shops, Poultry, Goat, Buffalo etc they engage with school enrollment program, fallow up school education they provide scholarship for poor family children  .I enjoy being a Facilitate and the opportunity to Empower and motivate my groups. 

Interest

I am interested in playing volleyball, listening music learning new things. I feel now I am ready for more challenging assignment. I can do dance. My Hobbies are social work. I love travelling new places. I am interesting to work with youth and children.

Future plan

As per my future goals is to build successful career as a social worker. I want to be good social worker and leader.






Reflect Center



SELF HELP GROUP 
CBO (COMMUNITY BASED ORGANIZATION
OPEING COMMUNITY HOUSE THROUGH EXECUTIVE  DIRECTOR OF SAHAS NEPAL BY  CUTTING RIBBON 
SCHOOL ACTIVITIES 






 GROUP MEMBER DISCUSSION FOR SCHOOL SUPPORT WITH HEAD MASTER







GROUP MEMBER SMALL INCOME GENETIC ACTIVITIES







GROUP GINGER FARMING



COMMUNITY HOUSE 





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRISTMAS EVE

EXCHANGE STUDENT